Our Practice Areas

Minnesota Post-Divorce Modification Lawyers

Maple Grove Child Support Enforcement Attorneys

Modification and Enforcement of Support and Custody Orders

If you have an existing court order, but you have had a significant change in circumstances, making your existing child custody or child support order unfair or unmanageable, you can file a request with the court to modify the terms of your decree. If the other party has failed to abide by the terms of a custody or support order, you can seek to use the power of the court to enforce compliance. You want an experienced attorney to protect your interests, one who knows and understands the law and who has successfully helped others in similar situations.

At the law office of Terzich & Ort, LLP, we represent men and women throughout the 13-county metropolitan area surrounding Minneapolis-St. Paul, representing either side in post-judgment requests for modification or enforcement of existing divorce decrees. Though we are a new firm, our attorneys have extensive experience successfully handling family law matters. Jodi M. Terzich and Shannon L. Ort have both been identified as "Rising Stars" multiple times by Minneapolis Law & Politics magazine, and attorney Terzich has been designated a "Super Lawyer" for 2009. We are dedicated to providing prompt and courteous service, and outstanding representation at reasonable rates. Contact our office or call us at 763-391-7354 to set up an appointment.

Modifications and Enforcement Practice

We handle all matters related to motions for modification or enforcement of custody, visitation, child support or spousal maintenance/alimony orders, preparing and filing all documentation required by the court and appearing on your behalf at all hearings or court proceedings. We will represent either party in these matters, whether you seek to modify or enforce an order or to contest a modification or enforcement attempt.

We represent individuals in modification proceedings involving a wide range of circumstances, including

  • relocation requests by custodial parents, for work or other reasons
  • requests for changes in parenting schedules due to job shift changes, health issues or the needs of the child
  • custody or visitation changes requested by the minor child
  • modifications to support obligations stemming from job loss or change

We will also protect your interests in contempt proceedings to enforce your rights under the court order.

Contact Our Office

To schedule an appointment, contact us or call us at 763-391-7354. Our office is open during regular business hours, and evening and weekend appointments are available upon request. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.

Creative Solutions Coupled with Sound Legal Advice