Terzich & Ort, LLP Creative Solutions Coupled with Sound Legal Advice
Helping Families Transition
Through Turbulent Times

October 2016 Archives

What if a Minnesota parent wants to relocate to another state?

Child custody in Minnesota requires that both parents honor the best interests of the child. When it comes to child custody, emotions can become frayed, disagreements can arise and the entire situation can be complicated for everyone involved. One issue that may cause strife between the parents is if there is an attempt on the part of the custodial parent to relocate with the child out of Minnesota. The law has certain factors that will be taken into account as to whether this can take place.

Factors that justify a child support modification

When a Minnesota couple shares a child but is no longer together, the custodial parent will often receive child support payments from the other parent. The amount is determined in a variety of ways and is designed to provide for the child's needs. However, there are times when one parent or the other will seek to have the child support order changed. Child support modification can be done, but there must be a good reason or series of reasons for it to take place. Understanding the factors that are taken into account is important before moving forward with the request.

Load More Content