Maple Grove, MN
Shannon Ort is a founding partner of Terzich and Ort, LLP. She devotes her practice exclusively to family law focusing on divorce, custody, child support, spousal maintenance and paternity matters. She received her J.D. from William Mitchell College of Law and her B.A. in criminal justice and legal studies magna cum laude from Hamline University. Prior to founding Terzich & Ort, Shannon was an associate with Rider Bennett in Minneapolis.
Shannon is a member of the Minnesota State Bar Association and the Hennepin County Bar Association. She is also admitted in Federal Court, a member of the family law section, and a Rule 114 family law neutral.
Shannon was named a "Rising Star" by Minnesota Law & Politics magazine in 2006- 2011. Rising Stars names the top lawyers in Minnesota. Only 2.5 percent of Minnesota attorneys are identified by Rising Stars. Minnesota Rising Stars is published annually in the Minnesota Law & Politics, Mpls. St.Paul Magazine, and Twin Cities Business. Shannon was also featured in Marquis Who's Who publications. Shannon has been a guest speaker at local law schools and was recently a guest on the Don Shelby radio show relative to the new Minnesota child support law changes.
Shannon was named Top 40 under 40 by the American Society of Legal Advocates, an organization comprised of the nation's most skilled lawyers. The selection process is rigorous and ultimately 1.5% of lawyers are named nationally.
She was also recognized as a Top 50 Women Super Lawyers in Minnesota in 2016 & 2017.
She was named as a top attorney in Minnesota by Minnesota Monthly Magazine in January 2014, and a Super Lawyer by Minnesota Law and Politics for the last nine years. Shannon was just named lawyer by of the year in Minnesota by Best Lawyers for 2023.
- Family Law 100%
- Minnesota, 2001
- Wisconsin, 2002
- U.S. District Court, 2001
- U.S. Federal Courts, 2001
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2001
- Hamline University, St. Paul, Minnesota
- B.A. - 1998
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Criminal Justice and Legal Studies
- New Child Support in Minnesota, WCCO Radio Don Shelby Show
- Family Law, William Mitchell, 2007 to 2007
- 2023 Lawyer of the year
- 2023 Top Ten Lawyers in Minnesota
- 2022 America Most Honored Lawyers
- Top 50: Women Minnesota Super Lawyers
- Recognized Super Lawyers®
- Best Lawyers In America
- Maple Grove, MN Attorney of the Year - 2015
- Super Lawyers Minnesota Law & Politics Magazine
- Top Lawyer in Minnesota, awarded by Minnesota Monthly - 2014
- Rising Star - Minnesota Law Politics Magazine
- Marquis Whos Who
- Hennepin County Unbundled Legal Services Program, 2009 to Present
- Steffens and Rassmussen, Associate, 2001 to 2003
- Rider Bennett, LLP, Associate, 2003 to 2007
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member, 2001 to Present
- ABA, Member, 2001 to Present
- North Hennepin Area Chamber of Commerce