Tasya Rivera Martin first became acquainted with family law while clerking for a Family Law Judge in 2003. Along with a valuable courtroom perspective, the experience left her with a desire to help families usher in a new chapter in their lives.
Tasya has represented clients in nearly every area of family law for over fifteen years. Equally comfortable litigating or mediating, she carefully steers her clients through the process, knowing how much comfort even one less unknown can bring. Regardless of the matter, she works to maintain peace for the families involved.
Tasya graduated from Quinnipiac University School of Law in Hamden, Connecticut, with a certificate of health law. While at Quinnipiac, she served as president of the Women’s Law Society and earned an award of excellence for her work in the university’s health clinic. Her background in health law no doubt played a role in shaping her family law practice: in every case, her efforts are driven by a concern for her client’s current—and future—well-being.
Tasya and her husband live in Richfield with their three daughters, where she enjoys involvement with her children's school and extra-curricular activities. She also enjoys running, cooking and creative projects.
- Family Law 100%
- Minnesota, 2005
- Connecticut, 2004
- District of Columbia, 2004
- Quinnipiac College School of Law, Hamden, Connecticut
- Honors: Women's Law Society President, 2002-2003
- Winona State University, Winona, Minnesota
- Major: Psychology
- Meals on Wheels
- Minnesota Commercial Real Estate Women, Minnesota Run Twin Cities Committee (2015)
- M. Sue Wilson Law Offices, Associate Attorney, 2006-2016
- Amendola & Amendola, Associate Attorney, 2005-2006
- State of Connecticut, Bridgeport Superior Court House, Law Clerk, 2004-2005
- American Bar Association , Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member