Creative Solutions Coupled with Sound Legal Advice
When you need to resolve a family law matter, you want an attorney with experience, one who has successfully helped men and women resolve the disputes that often arise in a divorce, from child custody or support issues to the equitable distribution of marital property.
At the law office of Terzich & Ort, LLP, we focus our entire practice on family law, representing individuals throughout the 13-county metropolitan area in and around Minneapolis-St. Paul. Because of our reputation for success, Minneapolis Law & Politics has named both our partners as "Rising Stars" in the legal community every year since 2006. Attorney Jodi M. Terzich has also been designated a Minnesota "Super Lawyer" for 2009 by her peers.
We both bring years of family law experience to our clients, offering high-quality legal services at reasonable rates and committing ourselves to provide prompt and courteous service with a high level of responsiveness. To set up an appointment, contact our office or call us at 763-391-7354.
We provide comprehensive counsel in family law matters, handling all issues related to or arising out of divorce, and paternity matters (never married people with children together) including:
- child custody and parenting plans. We will work with you to put in place custody and visitation agreements that are in the best interests of your children and that recognize your rights and concerns as parents.
- child support. We review all proposed child support orders for compliance with state guidelines and to ensure that all parental income is included in the calculation.
- alimony or spousal maintenance. We will help you determine whether spousal support is necessary and, if so, how much should be paid and for how long.
- the equitable distribution of marital property. We have extensive experience helping men and women find ways to fairly divide the debts and assets of a marriage, including situations involving complex asset division.
- modification or enforcement of existing court orders. We will help you address changes in your circumstances or the failure of your former partner to abide by the terms of an existing divorce decree.
- domestic violence and orders for protection.
For answers to basic questions about family law, see our family law Q & A page.
Contact our office by e-mail or call us at 763-391-7354 to set up an appointment. We are available to meet with you weekdays during traditional business hours, and evening and weekend consultations are available as needed. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.