At Terzich & Ort, LLP, in Maple Grove, our attorneys bring years of experience to men and women throughout the 13-county area in and around the Minneapolis-St. Paul area. Our lawyers have been named as “Rising Stars” multiple times by Minnesota Law & Politics magazine. Attorney Jodi M. Terzich, Shannon L. Ort and Tasya R. Martin have also been designated by the publication as a Minnesota “Super Lawyer” and Shannon L. Ort was named the 2023 Lawyer of the Year. We place a high priority on personal attention, providing prompt and courteous service at reasonable rates. Contact our office or call us at 763-391-7354 to arrange a meeting.
Assisting Clients At Any Stage Of Divorce
We work with men and women at all stages of a divorce, from the choice to file through negotiation, mediation or trial to post-judgment requests for modification or enforcement of existing orders. We handle all matters related to or arising out of a contested or uncontested divorce, including:
- Child custody and visitation. We will protect your parental rights as we help you develop an effective child custody plan. As part of this process, we can help you evaluate the unique needs of your child, such as medical conditions or educational opportunities, to make a customized parenting plan.
- Child support. Our team can review your child support proposal to make sure that it complies with Minnesota law. We also work to ensure that we consider all financial matters in your case to get an accurate account of income and needs.
- Alimony or spousal support. If spousal maintenance is a possibility in your case, we will advocate for you. Our team can assess all details, including the payment amount and schedule, to keep the arrangement fair for you.
- The division of marital property. Divorce can impact your shared assets, including real estate, bank accounts, retirement funds and business investments. We create comprehensive strategies to protect your assets both during the divorce process and long into your future.
- The modification or enforcement of divorce judgments. When you need to modify or enforce an existing order, you can count on our lawyers for full service.
- Domestic violence protection. Our team represents clients in domestic violence issues and helps them seek orders for protection whenever necessary.
- Divorce mediation. Our lawyers can handle cases through mediation.
Because Minnesota is a no-fault state, except in very limited circumstances, it will not matter whether you or your spouse engaged in wrongful conduct. Additionally, there is no waiting period; it is final as soon as the judge signs the divorce decree.
Make An Appointment Today
To set up an appointment, call our office at 763-391-7354 or send us an email. We are available weekdays during traditional business hours, and evening appointments can be arranged as necessary. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.