At Terzich & Ort, LLP, in Maple Grove, our attorneys bring years of experience to men and women throughout the 13-county area in and around the Minneapolis-St. Paul area. Both of our lawyers have been named as “Rising Stars” multiple times by Minnesota Law & Politics magazine. Attorney Jodi M. Terzich has also been designated by the publication as a Minnesota “Super Lawyer” for 2009. We place a high priority on personal attention, providing prompt and courteous service at reasonable rates. Contact our office or call us at 763-391-7354 to arrange a meeting.
Assisting Clients At Any Stage Of Divorce
We work with men and women at all stages of a divorce, from the decision to file through negotiation, mediation or trial to post-judgment requests for modification or enforcement of existing orders. We handle all matters related to or arising out of a contested or uncontested divorce, including:
- Child custody and visitation. We will help you put together a child custody plan that is in the best interests of your minor child while protecting your rights as a parent. We will also help you establish a parenting plan that considers the medical, educational, religious and other special needs of your child.
- Child support. We will review all proposed child support orders for compliance with Minnesota guidelines and to confirm that all relevant income is part of the calculation.
- Alimony or spousal support. Our attorneys will help you determine whether spousal maintenance is appropriate and, if so, the necessary amount and duration of payments.
- The division of marital property. We will work with you to equitably divide the debts and assets of your marriage, including real and personal property, bank accounts and investments, retirement funds and business assets. We will also help you protect assets during and after a divorce.
- The modification or enforcement of existing divorce judgments. We handle all matters related to requests for modification or enforcement.
- Domestic violence and orders for protection. Our firm represents clients in domestic violence issues and helps them seek orders for protection whenever necessary.
- Divorce mediation. Our lawyers can handle cases through mediation or act as mediators in a divorce.
Because Minnesota is a no-fault state, except in very limited circumstances, it will not matter whether you or your spouse engaged in wrongful conduct. Additionally, there is no waiting period; it is final as soon as the judge signs the divorce decree.
Make An Appointment Today
To set up an appointment, call our office at 763-391-7354, or you can send us an email. We are available weekdays during traditional business hours, and evening appointments can be arranged as necessary. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.