In Minnesota, same-sex couples now have all the legal rights that opposite-sex couples have. However, it is also the case that many same-sex couples will divorce just like opposite-sex couples do. In either case, going through divorce is a difficult life event. You need an attorney who understands same-sex family law issues and one who can help you through this turbulent time.
The compassionate attorneys at Terzich & Ort, LLP, can help. Our creative Twin Cities Metro area divorce lawyers can devise solutions to meet your needs and individual situation.
Call us in Maple Grove for an initial consultation at 763-391-7354.
Legal Issues Same-Sex Couples Face
We assist clients in Minnesota facing myriad of LGBT family law issues, including:
- Child custody issues for same-sex parents
- Child support calculations
- Modification of agreements and enforcement
- Property division and equitable distribution of marital property
- Determining marital property
- Spousal support
- Residency issues for divorce requirements
- Visitation schedules for parenting time
- Domestic abuse and your rights and protections
We can assist you with these issues and other family law matters. Our attorneys also participate in mediation with their clients.
Make An Appointment Today
At Terzich & Ort, LLP, we care about equitable outcomes and affordability for our clients. This means we will seek the best and most cost-effective solutions for you. Call our Maple Grove family law attorney for same-sex couples at 763-391-7354. You can also email us to make your appointment. We assist clients throughout the Twin Cities and often in Anoka and Hennepin counties.